Tuesday, July 29, 2014

First week in North Carolina

Hey y'all! Sorry, I don't have time to answer all the questions in their fullness, but I'll do my best. 
So the plane was awesome, I love flying! I didn't teach anyone on the plane but I gave a fair effort with a man sitting next to me ;) 
I got 2 trainers, Elder K and Elder B. They're both great. We're a 3 member companionship.

So there are quite a few 3 member companionships throughout the mission. We have been tracking and teaching and it's been really great!  I'm trying to work on contacting, asking questions, and not saying "um..." ;) the food is great! Hunter and Em will be jealous.
It's amazing how much you feel the spirit every day out here. It just never seems to leave you, which I suppose is how it's supposed to feel all the time, not just on a mission ;) so yeah it's been crazy but good overall! We have a couple of investigators and a few show potential, so I hope we can help them feel the spirit. I've learned since being out that the missionaries purpose is all about the Atonement and the Doctrine of Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end), and helping people come closer to Christ through those steps. And it's amazing!
I haven't got J's letter yet, hopefully it got sent to the right place! I. Excited for it though!

It was super great to hear from all of y'all! I've been cussed out a couple of times and I can't take my iPad out in a couple of areas for fear of getting shot but other than that it's been awesome! (Sorry mom, don't mean to scare ya) ;) the church is true and God loves us!

Love,
Elder Branch

No comments:

Post a Comment