Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Dec. 8, 2014 in Huntersville, NC

Hi Everyone,

I did get the Allreds package, it was the greatest!! Lots of yummy candy, and they matched it all with stuff for Elder S. It was so great!

Sorry no pictures this week but we can send pictures next week. We spent the last 5 hours with a member doing service so we've had no time for anything else today. He did take us to lunch though and that was nice.   :)

So this next Saturday, guess who comes and speaks to our mission!? Only Elder D. Todd Christofferson!!!! We're so stoked!!

This week was strong. Elder S and I are getting along well and we are working hard in the area. We are seeing more miracles each week and are striving to develop great relationships with the members here. The Ward members here really are phenomenal and they are excited to do missionary work. Many of them have accepted "He is the Gift" pass along cards and are going to hand those out to friends.

We are trying to get permission from President C to teach a 20 year old named B. Elder S taught him when he was in Alexandriana and we found out he now lives in Mooresville, right by the church! He came to church this last week and we really want to be able to teach him. The ward was super excited to see B there! Also pray for T and H, and also a woman named R. And finally, pray for M that we will be able to meet with her more often, she is so great and has tons of potential but she's super busy! Thanks for your faith :)

So we contacted 74 people this week :D one of the best tools we had was the Christmas nativity night as a stake. They have done it for the past 7 years, but this year they had more people come than any year previous! Essentially, they decorate the Huntersville building with all kinds of Christmas decorations at the entrance and exits, and in the gym they set up tons and tons of nativity scenes that members bring! Like probably 200 different nativities, including ones with mice, ones with bears, one was made out of tiny little pieces of rocks or something that fit inside a sea shell. A couple were from Jerusalem or other countries. Some were glass, some were like paper that was hardened, and some were wood. They even had the little glass set that us kids put on our night stands!

In the chapel they had different schools or Ward choirs come and perform, and it was just packed! They had a dress up nativity station for kids and families to come take pictures, and some arts and crafts for kids as well. It went on the past 3 nights, and missionaries from all the close by wards (Huntersville, Alexandriana, Mountain Island) helped man the event. Elder S and I were there Friday and Saturday nights and it was great! We gave visitors a "Living Christ" Document, a picture of Christ, and a "He is the Gift" pass along card. It was so solid! We had a couple good contacts from it and hopefully should get a lot more referrals or at least more appreciation as Christians. One lady we saw there we had actually talked to at Walmart last week briefly, and she said "Hi" to us. Another lady apparently started to cry when she saw the picture of Jesus we gave her.  

In the Book of Mormon reading, I just finished reading about Alma teaching his sons. My favorite part of these chapters is in Alma chapter 36:24-27. It says:
24 Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

25 Yea, and now behold, O my son, the Lord doth give me exceedingly great joy in the fruit of my labors;

26 For because of the word which he has imparted unto me, behold, many have been born of God, and have tasted as I have tasted, and have seen eye to eye as I have seen; therefore they do know of these things of which I have spoken, as I do know; and the knowledge which I have is of God.

27 And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me.

Here are a few of my favorite quotes for E to add to her awesome wall! The first one is from a talk by Jeffry R. Holland in 1980 called "For Times of Trouble." You can find the talk on lds.org and I recommend yall do, cause it is literally one of the best talks I've ever read in my life!!! Like, so seriously good! :)
A link to the talk is below...






I love yall so much!! Thanks for the emails! :)

Love Elder Branch

No comments:

Post a Comment