Monday, August 25, 2014

Aug. 25, 2014 in Concord, NC

Thanks so much for the letters y'all! So I only got a total of 20 minutes of email today cause just as mom suspected, I did get sick just the other day! I slept it off last night and this morning but that was so wild that you nailed it! So once again, sorry I couldn't write much this week or send pictures! I'll make up for it next week:D
Here's my letter to President C though. We had interviews with
him on Sunday and it was great!

Dear President C
Long time no see! Haha, Thanks for the interview yesterday, it really gave me motivation to be as obedient as possible. Probably the number one lesson I learned this week was when I was studying Preach My Gospel during Personal Study. One line in it really stuck out to me. It said "do Gods will and accept his timing".  We had 6 investigators commit to come to church and every one of them cancelled. I was really disappointed and had to pray hard and search the scriptures. The answer, though, came this Sunday during Sacrament mtg. The first speaker spoke about accepting Gods timing, and having faith that as we do as much as we can, God will bring about miracles in his own time. The second speaker spoke about a time in his life when trials weighed him down. Once he realized the testimony that he had the whole time, he was able to make it through those trials. So all in all, it was a really great ending to my week! The church is true!

Love, Elder Zac Branch
That sacrament mtg was just such a great witness that God hears and
answers my prayers and that he loves each of us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment