Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Nov. 17, 2014 in Huntersville, NC


It's super rainy!!! NC rain is like the greatest thing ever, because it's just dark and misty and super beautiful. We were planning a district activity today around 2 to play soccer, but we are gonna have to do it inside instead. Which means chair soccer!!!! Aw yeah! :D

So our ward mission leader, Brother K, gave us a unique finding challenge. We live right behind a mall called B that hasn't allowed us to proselyte in the past. He told us to make signs that said "ask me any question and I will provide you an answer" and walk around there about 3 times a week. Here is a picture of the results :)





We made these super snazzy looking ones out of whiteboard and para-cord! It was a fun project and when we went out, people smiled at us and we got a couple questions :) So yeah, we will be trying it out a couple other times throughout this week and we will see where it goes :)

We managed to talk to 42 people this week and next week were aiming for 60 :) Were gonna make Elder S's last week a "good one, coach!!"       :)

One of the things I really enjoyed this week was the power of the Spirit and of prayer. I studied Jorg Klebingats talk from conference and I love the ending! It says:

"Acknowledge and face your weaknesses, but don’t be immobilized by them, because some of them will be your companions until you depart this earth life. No matter what your current status, the very moment you voluntarily choose honest, joyful, daily repentance by striving to simply do and be your very best, the Savior’s Atonement envelops and follows you, as it were, wherever you go. Living in this manner, you can truly “always retain a remission of your sins” (Mosiah 4:12) every hour of every day, every second of every minute, and thus be fully clean and acceptable before God all the time.

Yours is the privilege, if you want it, to come to know for yourself, today or soon, that you are pleasing God in spite of your shortcomings."

I've felt insecure with myself in the past because I notice only little improvements in my week to week performance as a missionary in this area. When I read this, I realized that as I do my very best, even when I'm not perfect, I can still receive my promised blessings. It really comforted me and gave me confidence for the coming week. Were working hard this week and we're going to make Elder S's last week a great one! Thanks for all you do!

Love, Elder Branch

Ps.  Springs letter was just the greatest :) It really made me happy and gave me strength :) I'm so grateful for everyone's support back home! Sorry I couldn't write to all of ya, the district activity was super intense and lasted a long time! (We had to shop today in less than 20 minutes!) But all is well :) I love YOU most!!!!!! Haha :) the church is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment