Wednesday, June 10, 2015

June 8, 2015 in Greensboro, NC



Dear Family, (written on his 19th birthday)

I got my Eclipse 6 CD and it is too great!!! :D Evening Prayer is great, and in my last apartment we did a lip sync to All creatures of our God and King, which is a super fun video! I'd say my favorite is probably Go With Me, all about the Restoration :)

I got my package and presents and they were a blast! Also, I heard from Kaylene and Corbin. That was a blast! Everyone and their dog have been giving me birthday gifts, everyone's been so nice! I got cupcakes, pizza, I will get a milkshake later, and lots and lots of Facebook notification emails! So it's been fun :)

We got back in contact with J.!! We are seeing him tonight :D we also are getting lots of appointments set up with families that we are hoping to start teaching.

Last night we had dinner with the B. family. He is in the stake presidency and they have a bunch of kids who are all in their teens or their 20's. We taught the gospel of Jesus Christ using scriptures and core experiences, and at the end committed them to pray for opportunities to share it this week. They started talking about missionary experiences they had already had. Then they invited us to their son Z.'s graduation party this Saturday to meet a bunch of their friends!! It was great! 

Other than that, this week was a hard one pretty much across the whole Zone. A. and A. aren't interested, and we had a couple other good contacts but nothing super huge.  But as the prophets say, there isn't any real way to measure conversion. Probably one of the greatest things we did get to do was go out with a bunch of the Priests. We got to give them all a little taste of missionary work, and it was lots of fun :)

Elder old man Branch

No comments:

Post a Comment