Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Mar. 16, 2015 in Rock Hill, SC

Hello!!

Man, I really want to send pictures, but it will have to be next week. This week has been mad wild today, we had a Zone Activity and hiked a "mountain". Haha, it was fun though.    :)

I'm sorry I can't respond to all yall, p-days are just ridiculous! We woke up at 5:30 today to clean before studies, finished that and still got swamped with other stuff during the day! Grrrr, struggle is real.

Our ward is great to work with and at giving us referrals, and we had a good week this week. In fact, we're teaching 2 people who committed to baptism, A. and M.    A. is already 10 chapters into the Book of Mormon!

Something I studied this past week was envy, and how to get rid of it. There is a talk by Elder Holland in an Ensign called The Other Prodigal and its really good!! I love his closing testimony, it says:
"Brothers and sisters, I testify that no one of us is less treasured or cherished of God than another. I testify that He loves each of us--insecurities, anxieties, self-image, and all. He doesn’t measure our talents or our looks; He doesn’t measure our professions or our possessions. He cheers on every runner, calling out that the race is against sin, not against each other. I know that if we will be faithful, there is a perfectly tailored robe of righteousness ready and waiting for everyone, “robes … made … white in the blood of the Lamb.” May we encourage each other in our effort to win that prize is my earnest prayer, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I think it is so great because we are to encourage, not compete with each other. He loves each of us, and when we remember which way we should be facing (towards God), then we aren't worried about how much praise we receive, but rather how we can help others and how we can serve our God.

Well, I sure love yall!!! I have lots of other stories from this week, I will try to include a couple in next week's email. Love ya!!

Elder Branch :) 


(Zac sent this picture a few weeks later. This is the top of Crowders Mountain in Gastonia, NC.)

No comments:

Post a Comment