Tuesday, July 14, 2015

July 13, 2015 in Greensboro, NC



Hey!

My week was pretty good. Some of the highlights were all the members we were able to get out. We only got to teach like 9 lessons but we had members at 6 of those 9. Also, at church this weekend, we didn't have any new friends attend but we did have tons of less active friends show up, and it was definitely a tender mercy. We are doing another mini 40 day fast thing, but it is only lasting until next fast Sunday. For the fast, I decided no reminiscing on songs from back home and to try to pray upright without leaning on anything. 

The piano was an adventure! So this last week we had Zone Meeting and I ended up playing piano again. The meeting itself was so good though, one of my favorites ever. We talked about lots of different things, but just the way it was organized was great. Elder P. and S., and Sisters S. and P. were really lead in preparing it. It was a blast.

Recently we have been losing even more of my mission friends as they are finishing their missions and returning home, including a bunch in the next 2-3 transfers. It's super weird and I will miss them. It's a weird feeling being 1 year out, because now we are able to think about what was going on 1 year ago. For example, last year we were at church in the MTC and finally feeling like we might survive the MTC, we really weren't sure at the beginning.  :)

The Zone Leaders, Elder G., and I had a little call in on the morning of the 9th and talked about what we had learned so far in our missions. I think one of the things I have learned most is how universal suffering is. But along with the suffering, I have also been so blessed to see how great the gospel and Christ's Atonement is in helping all of us through our suffering, our "valley of death" you might say.

Well thanks for the email, it was super fun! Love ya!

 Elder TooBlessedToBeStressed Branch





No comments:

Post a Comment